Monday, October 31, 2022

Keep at it...


Careers are built on experience and perseverance: getting ahead is all about having lots of experience and persevering long enough to get there.

 

·      Work hard and

·      Learn as much as you can.

·      Work hard and

·      Practice continuous learning.

·      Those are the secrets to success.

 

When I changed industries – from manufacturing to service, it required me to learn a whole new language and style of work. It helped that employees in both had the same expectations from HR, but I still had to practically start over and learn every position, how they all worked together, and the subtle differences in how people worked. It was a lot to learn, but my mentors there encouraged me to keep at it – they knew that if I figured out how things worked there, I would probably do okay. They told me to never give up, and I never did. Every time you change companies, take the time to understand what’s up, and don’t get discouraged: keep at it. If you get frustrated, look around and you’ll discover most of the others you work with went through a similar learning curve. You owe it to yourself to keep going today.

 

Rita Moreno (born 1931): Puerto Rican actress, dancer, and singer; she is one of last surviving stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...