Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Don't be unlucky...


We live our lives in search of achievement. Some by hard work, some by good fortune. And some by sheer luck.

 

·      Who we are

·      And what we become

·      Are the stories of our lives.

·      Those stories are written by 

·      Our hopes, dreams, and actions.

 

We all come from somewhere and those beginnings often color the arc of the rest of our lives. Some never go beyond the shadow of those beginnings; others travel far and wide. In the long run, you make your own luck – good bad, or indifferent. I’ve worked with more that 100,000 men and women throughout my career, and they all had stories to tell, and many of their achievements were of their own making. Like Jim Gibbons, from a little town in rural Utah, who, as an arborist, managed the horticulture at the San Diego Wild Animal Park and Zoo and then at the Mirage. A quiet, unassuming man, he named every tree he met, a practice, he told me, that insured he knew and tended to each individually. In many ways, he inspired me to know the names of most of the people I worked with (which, at the Mirage, was more than 5000). Whether it’s trees or people, know your colleagues as individuals, deal with each in ways that are personal, and treat them the way you want to be treated. Because they help make your luck. Follow that Golden Rule today.

 

Loretta Lynn (1932 – 2022): American singer-songwriter. In a career which spanned six decades in country music, Lynn released multiple gold albums. As of 2022, Lynn was the most awarded female country recording artist, and the only female ACM Artist of the Decade (1970s).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...