Friday, October 14, 2022

Never miss a beat...


I’ve been writing these daily messages for 14 years and today may be one of the few that I missed sending one out early in the day.

 

·      I’ve been busy.

·      I am packing up

·      To return to Las Vegas

·      After spending the summer 

·      In the Adirondack Mountains.

 

After nearly 5 months here, we must pack up this mountain cabin and get it ready for the winter. It’s not that I have lots of luggage – we leave a lot of clothes here. But taking the boat out of the water, storing all the swimming and kayaking gear, and winterizing the house takes a lot of time. I’ve been doing this for more than twenty years, so you’d think I’d have it down to a science. But because we hate to leave, we intersperse packing with visits with friends, hikes in the woods, and paddling around the lakes.  This time of year, the leaves are peaking in their fall colors, and we always want to take one last ride to see more of the beautiful scenery. I’d like to be more prepared for this return, but we do the same thing every year. I guess I could change my patterns and habits, but at my age, that’s hard. Like most things in life and at work, we develop habits, and they often guide our actions. But no excuse: I’ll stay up a little longer tonight to get this out, so my string of daily messages will remain unbroken. What we say we’re going to do must get done – that’s the rule.  In life, at work, and in writing. I fly home tomorrow and will get back to my routine quickly next week. Thanks for putting up with my yapping today.

 

Peter Drucker (1909 – 2005): Austrian-American management consultant, educator, and author, whose writings contributed to the philosophical and practical foundations of the modern business corporation. He was also a leader in the development of management education, he invented the concept known as management by objectives and self-control, and he has been described as "the founder of modern management".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...