Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Trust your gut...


Loyalty starts to build when you first meet someone. That’s when you’re making judgments and decisions that become the foundation of the relationship.

 

·      Get to know those you meet.

·      If you like someone, let them know.

·      If you have a good feeling, let it show.

 

In business, relationships often start at the job interview. Prior to that meeting, I usually study someone’s resume – that tells me a lot about their experience and qualifications; based on that I either want to know more or not. If it’s yes, then the interview is less about those specifics than it is about observing their attitude and overall demeanor. While I’ll ask some job-related questions, I mostly want to learn about their perspective on things… like service philosophies and how they treat others. I like to get them telling stories about themselves, their experiences, what they like and dislike: it’s from these that my gut instincts are based – is this a person I want to work and spend time with. And if the answer is yes, I let them know - everyone wants to know what you think, so don’t wait for them to ask, let them know. Hiring on gut instinct is a sign of support and begins the process of developing mutual loyalty. Trust your gut instincts today.

 

Michael B. Jordan (born 1987): American actor, producer, and director.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...