Friday, July 1, 2022

Play on...


What are you passionate about? For me, the answer is working and singing in harmony with others.

 

·      Singing in harmony

·      Produces beautiful sounds.

·      Working in harmony

·      Produces extraordinary results.

·      Living in harmony

·      Produces happiness and well-being.

 

While still in school I performed in 2 bands. I loved playing music, but I loved singing in harmony with others more. The way the music and our voices came together in complementing sounds always intrigued and moved me: I loved the way two or more instruments or voices fit together. That feeling became a metaphor for my work with others: two or more people working together in ways that complemented each other. In music they’re called harmonies; in work it’s called teamwork; in life, it’s called simpatico. That’s different than ‘two heads are better than one’. It’s more like 1+1=more than 2, because working closely with others produces more than anyone could have expected. In addition to the work that was accomplished, it produced relationships, trust, and respect and became the foundation for all future work. Teamwork, like music, is God’s voice. Let that voice guide you and your actions today

 

Brian Douglas Wilson (born 1942): American musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer who co-founded the Beach Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...