Monday, July 25, 2022

Make people comfortable...


For most of my life, the marketing of beauty has been pervasive. It’s good to see that it’s morphing into the marketing of human.

 

·      Being yourself

·      Is good enough.

·      Being what you’re not

·      Is not worth the bother.

·      Being authentic is beautiful.

 

Service staff in the hospitality industry is encouraged to look and feel good. One of the things I noticed was that when we provided them with a uniform, it rarely fit as if it were their own; consequently, most employees didn’t feel good about them… and it often showed in their look and demeanor. Hospitality companies spend lots of money on uniforms and, in my humble opinion, the ROI (Return on Intent) isn’t there. Sure, we had some uniforms that were stunning – because we tailored them like it was a high-end purchase at Nordstroms. Better, in my opinion: let employees wear their own dark pants and appropriate tops; because it’s their own, they look good and comfortable, and that comes thru in the service they provide. I realize that uniforms identify employees and departments – that, however, can be accomplished in other ways. If you want employees to look and feel their best, put yourself in their shoes (literally) and craft your personal appearance and uniform policies accordingly. There’s more than one way to achieve excellence in personal appearance and performance today.

 

Tyra Lynne Banks (born 1973): American television personality, model, businesswoman, producer, actress, and writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...