Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Make yours the job you love...



I’ve met lots of people in my life – students, artists, musicians, academics, clergy, business leaders and professionals, colleagues, competitors, civic leaders and more, and each, in some way, made a mark in life. Some have been hugely successful, others lived simpler lives; some have been good friends, others were passing acquaintances; many I hired and others I just knew of. Each was a somebody, distinct and unique, whose face, name, and story I mostly remember. And all, in their own way, made it in life. Big or small. Alone, or with help. I learned a long time ago that the best recommendation is what you’ve made of yourself – that’s what recruiters look for and want to know. That’s the proof in the pudding, the ultimate behavior of and about you. I tell people that the best job is most often the one you have – the challenge is making it the one you want. Because life is what we make it; always has been, always will be. So, put yourself fully into whatever you do and push on the edges to make it fit your skills, strengths, hopes, needs, and personality. Do the best you can do, and you’ll become the best you can be. That’s how it always should be today.

 

Anna Mary Robertson Moses (1860 – 1961), or Grandma Moses, was an American folk artist who began painting in earnest at the age of 78

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...