Sunday, August 22, 2021

Make a bucket list...


I’m 70 and have done lots of things in my life – big and small. But I’ve never gone salmon fishing on the Great Lakes and today, for the 1st time, I’m getting to do that. I wrote this last night and have no idea what to expect – we chartered a boat with a guide and now we’re off to see the Wizard. I went fishing as a kid on the St. Lawrence Seaway, and I once went fly fishing on the Colorado River – I don’t remember much on those trips. And I fish the lakes here in the Adirondacks but what I do should not be considered fishing – my 9-year-old granddaughter catches more fish than I do. But after friends brought back lake trout and salmon from Lake Ontario last summer, I decided it’s time I do this … because you only live once, and if you do it right, once is enough. Call it a bucket list or just an old man’s wish, this should go into making once enough.  Everybody needs a bucket list to keep track of the things they want to do. Sit down and either start one or add to yours today.

 

Mae West (born 1893 – November 22, 1980): American stage and film actress, playwright, screenwriter, singer, and sex symbol whose career spanned over seven decades

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...