Thursday, July 2, 2020

Practice good citizenship...



Some things that are just plain scary.  When we were kids, we played in the basement of my parent’s house: when done, we nervously bolted up the stairs as if some unseen menace was after us. Nothing ever happened, but we never got over imagining that it could.  I still get the willies when thinking about dark basements, but the fear of getting this virus and being hospitalized alone is much worse. I wear a mask and practice social distancing to cut down on the chances of getting infected and, more importantly, so that I won’t infect others. That’s part of the good citizenship principles we teach our children and preach to employees: leaders need to stress those now more than ever. Unlike imaginary basement monsters, this virus is real, and the chances of catching it grow immeasurably when common-sense safety guidelines are not practiced. Just because someone hasn’t been infected yet doesn’t mean they never will. Don’t ever forget that what we do affects others. Practice good citizenship and common-sense safety today.

 

Harold Pinter (1930 – 2008): British playwright, screenwriter, director, actor, and Nobel Prize winner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...