Friday, July 24, 2020

Be thoughtful...



I’m worn out from writing 96 messages already about this pandemic: I just want it to be done so I can go back to writing about corporate values. I feel like these have been a run-on sentence. I’ve tried to be thoughtful… but maybe they’re just words.  I’ve tried to be helpful… but after a while maybe they’re just more noise in these crazy times. Of course, they’re all just my opinion… and the media is full of opinions these days. Thankfully, we all have the freedom to speak our opinions… but that goes hand-in-hand with the freedom to be thoughtful and respectful. So, let me be clear: I think people should be careful and safe for themselves and others so as not to potentially spread this virus. Period. I don’t want to get sick and I don’t want to possibly make someone else sick. No other reason or agenda.  Not meant to be political. Just a simple adaptation of the old Golden Rule. Speak to others the way you want them to speak to you today.

 

Socrates (470 – 399 BC): Greek philosopher from Athens who is credited as one of the founders of Western philosophy, and Western ethical thought

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...