Friday, July 31, 2020

Just set yourself free...




I saw in the news that someone has designed a clear mask that allows people to see the wearer’s mouth: to be better able to see their expressions. These often fail to show when you’re wearing a mask.  Sure, there’s body language that helps understand someone’s emotions or intent, but that’s iffy. You certainly don’t want to fail to convey what you’re thinking or feeling. I walk around with my mask on, smiling and nodding at people, and often forget they can’t see my face.  So, I make sure to remember to tell them. Who knows, maybe wearing masks will make us become more vocal about our feelings and intentions… and that might be a good thing. Maybe that’s a silver lining in this pandemic’s cloud. If they make a clear mask, I’ll order one because I like showing my feelings; but, maybe I’ll may be more vocal about them too. After nearly 5 months of this we need to find the good things, small as they might be, in this crazy situation. So, don’t let a mask get in the way: free up your feelings by telling others what you’re thinking today.

 

Regina Rene King (born 1971); Academy Award winning American actress and director

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...