Friday, July 17, 2020

Make it or break it...



Unlike Peter Pan in Never-Never Land, we grow up in the real world and take on a growing list of life’s responsibilities and are responsible for our own actions. Yesterday I read  in the news that health care workers in Georgia and Florida are pleading for people to be safe and responsible so that they and their hospitals aren’t overrun with new Covid-19 patients. The spread of this virus has been proven to mostly occur when people without masks are in close proximity to one another, so it seems like a reasonable request that the rest of us adopt these simple practices, to promote them with people we know and work with, and to stop complaining that they’re an infringement on our personal liberties or a political attack. I know that there’s a lot of debate about this, but the fact that this outbreak is nearly out of control in more than 40 states means we all should consider our personal actions. And while I agree that this is a pain in the butt, compared to getting sick and being hospitalized, this seems to be the lessor of two evils. Lives are at stake and it’s in each of our hands to make or break this pandemic today.

 

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien (1892 – 1973): English author (The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings), poet, philologist, and academic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...