Thursday, July 23, 2020

Recognize the good in others...



I started writing these daily messages in 2008 for the pre-opening team at The Resort at Pelican Hill. I was inspired by the grandeur of that property and the vision of its leaders: they were able to see a resort on that site that nobody else had thought of before. They found motivation in my messages and encouraged me to keep writing them… and so I’ve continued for all these years. It’s amazing what a little reinforcement can do. I think of this often when I see others doing selfless things: I always thank Police and  Firemen for their dedication and commitment to our safety; I thank essential grocery store workers each time I shop; I thank healthcare workers when I see them in their recognizable scrubs; and I thank people for wearing masks (these days, that might be the most selfless thing a person can do). We all should be inspired by people who give of themselves to help others and remember to thank and reinforce their selfless actions. Don’t overlook the noble actions of others: think of a special way to thank them today.

 

Albert Szent-Györgyi von Nagyrápolt (1893 – 1986): Hungarian biochemist who won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1937

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...