Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Play the game...



Like a lot of people, I’ve started killing time by playing apps on my smartphone during this Covid-19-related isolation.  One I particularly like is game that challenges players to find words in scrambled letters: interestingly, the majority of the words often start with the same letter while a few begin with a  different one – I get lulled into thinking and seeing things one way and often can’t think to see the new formation.  The trick is keeping your mind open and discovering something you didn’t expect. As with a lot of things in life, we get so used to seeing, hearing, or doing things one way that we then have difficulty seeing alternatives. We’re not accustomed to wearing masks – so getting used to remembering to do that isn’t automatic.  And because it’s different, we might not see the value in it. But whether you agree or not, it’s hard to refute the fact that in those states and businesses that didn’t enforce this practice enough, the virus is now seemingly out of control (again)… and that wasn’t what was expected. Don’t get hung up on personalities and politics: look to find what you really need… and not just the things you expected. This may be one of the keys to being safe today.

 

Martha Grimes (born 1931): American writer of detective fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...