Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Be a great leader....


“A leader is someone willing to give his strength to others so that they may have the strength to stand on their own.” Beth Revis

He was a great leader: a former world champion of poker, he brought a steady and analytical mind to the job. I’m a pretty demonstrative guy and reporting to him was a challenge because I could never discern what he was thinking. But when he spoke it was with clarity and direction and I could always count on leaving with a much better understanding than when I entered. He gave me and the rest of my colleagues his strength so that we then had strength to stand on our own. HR can be hectic and he showed me the importance of listening and evaluating calmly, watching others and assessing the importance of their words and actions, and putting the pieces together dispassionately. Having a strong leader is a real advantage, and being a strong leader is a gift that subordinates can rely on.  Give your strength to others and help them be better professionals today.


Beth Revis (b. 1981): American Author of Fantasy and Science Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go find what you need to know...

·        You ask me, the best part of leadership is making decisions. ·        Flinch in the face of those and competitiveness is often lost...