Monday, December 18, 2023

Keep the light burning...


More on my daily messages: they relate to the kinds of values that families seek to instill in their children and companies use to motivate their employees. Both types seek to be relevant and inspiring.

 

·      My messages focus on a revolving group of ten values.[1]

·      I focus on a single value each week, five days in a row.

·      I select a quote each day that relates to that value.

·      My daily message is a story about how they relate.

·      Each message recalls something I’ve experienced or learned.

·      And each is intended as a thought-provoking way to start the day.

·      Yours and mine.

 

These aren’t random values – they’re ones I’ve found in many companies and are intended to be themes around which employees can rally. About things they can get behind and participate in. Better to try than not. I’ll be honest: many days I get up and think it’s unimportant to go on writing these. And then I think ‘what will I become tomorrow if I stop learning today’? As tired as I get each day, I’ve learned that every little push helps. People who see these on social media tell me they help. Managers who use them in pre-shift meetings tell me they help. Like with my elderly neighbor, it’s a habit that keeps on giving. Whether it’s these or something else, find something to participate in today.

 

Dr. Debasish Mridha is a physician, writer, philosopher, and philanthropist. 



[1] Teamwork, Excellence, Innovation/Creativity, Integrity, Loyalty, Ownership/Responsibility, Participation/Involvement/Engagement, Passion, Pride, and Professionalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...