Monday, November 7, 2022

What ever happened to truth in advertising...


We’re voting this week – the lack of integrity and honesty in this year’s political advertisements seems to have made a mockery of this most fundamental democratic process.

 

·      Truth in advertising 

·      Used to be important.

·      But it seems the politicians

·      Have abandoned that basic principle.

·      It makes the truth very hard to find and trust.

 

My inbox is full of political emails that are unclear and untruthful. And if you turn on the television or radio, the political ads there are equally insulting. Forget the national campaigns, it’s the local ones that are especially distressing. I know most of the candidates from both parties here – I’ve met and talked with most of them at length over the years, but the things in their ads, which they say they approve, are not only unbelievably false, but exactly the opposite of what I’ve heard them say in other forums, both public and private. And if the things the politicians from both parties are saying are true, then none of them have any business running or representing us. They’re full of hate, and that’s both polarizing and paralyzing. As you vote, put aside this hate and focus on your love of country and community today.

 

Martin Luther King Jr. (, 1929 – 1968): American Baptist minister and activist, one of the most prominent leaders in the civil rights movement from 1955 until his assassination in 1968.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...