Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Make good choices...


The choices we make are important – it’s hard to see that as you’re making them, but they add up and ultimately determine who and what we are.

 

·      Our choices matter.

·      Especially when you 

·      Look back and see how

·      One guided you to the next. 

·      Make good choices for yourself.

 

In high school I volunteered in a Head Start program: that opened my eyes to people’s needs. In college I participated in civil rights and anti-war marches: those opened my eyes to basic human rights. And those led me to a become a human resource professional: that opened my eyes to the potential of helping others. Along the way I was jarred by a bout of depression – that opened my eyes to the power of personal challenges and triumphs. And my career led to hiring of ex-felons – that opened my eyes to the importance of second chances. Each of those stages in my professional journey involved making choices – I always strived to make the appropriate ones, and I now see how each one led to the next. The journeys we each make in our professional and private lives are replete with choices, and each presents us with opportunities to continue to grow, or not. In the end, we should all recognize that our lives are the result of the choices that we make every moment of every day. Consider your choices wisely today.

 

Tulku Thondup Rinpoche (born 1939): Tibetan scholar recognized at the age of four as the reincarnation of a famous scholar of the Dodrupchen monastery, Konme Khenpo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...