Monday, November 14, 2022

Figure it out...

 

Business leaders look to hire self-starters. They take the initiative and follow through.

 

·      Do you wait for instructions

·      Or figure things out for yourself?

·      In business, we want to hire the latter

·      Because they’re serious and passionate

·      About the things they do and how they do them.

 

If you want self-starters, begin by asking pertinent question when interviewing them. Give them a scenario and ask how they would handle it. Then train them, teaching how and why things are done and what results are expected. And as they get started, be a coach and a cheerleader: give them the opportunity to show what they can do, coach them on how to be better, and let them know when they’ve done a good job. Self-starters are usually proud of that fact and passionate about getting a job done; so, let them know you appreciate their efforts. In many ways, this is what servant leadership is all about – a supervisory approach that fosters individual thinking and action. Help your employees to flourish and succeed today

 

Tom Clancy Jr. (1947 – 2013): American novelist best known for his technically detailed espionage and military-science storylines set during and after the Cold War.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect, I totally agree with your point. Besides, I love sharing your blog post with my friends and colleagues because this blog intends to give you proper motivation. My friends Charles Sampson taught me this. Further, I already bookmark your blog, so I can easily visit you or know your new post. Thanks for this share; I'm glad and much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...