Thursday, September 22, 2022

Keep your eye on the goal...


Figuratively speaking, we’ve all dug ourselves into a hole at some point in our careers. At that point, you either give up or dig yourself out.

 

·      Sometimes we succeed.

·      Other times we stumble or fail.

·      Each of those time is an opportunity 

·      To test your resilience and perseverance.

·      In all things, the goal should be to never give up.

 

I’ve had some great successes in my career, many of which have been written about in professional journals. These taught me a lot and were the basis of the good reputation I built. But those same creative instincts sometimes led to difficult challenges that could have been pre-cursers to failure. Doing anything for the first time means you’re in uncharted waters, so you can often be faced with a trial-and-error sequence before one of the attempts succeeds. When faced with those challenge, you either give up or dig yourself out. I learned that asking good questions, thinking before acting, and collaborating with others are the best tools to use when digging like that. When finding yourself in similar circumstances, stay calm, review your objectives and strategies, remain flexible, and keep your eye on the goal. And don’t give up. Use all available resources to achieve your goals today.

 

Stephen William Hawking (1942 – 2018): English theoretical physicist, educator, cosmologist, and author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...