Friday, September 23, 2022

Push yourself...


If you want to see how far you can possibly go, try doing something you haven’t done before. Then you’ll know how far you can really go.

 

·      There are tasks

·      That make you stretch.

·      Learning, adapting, growing.

·      Pushing yourself further than

·      You ever thought you could go.

 

Working in general can be challenging, always alert and ever learning. But trying something new always presents you with things you probably haven’t done before. I was a pretty good HR guy – after all, I went to college for that. But opening a new hotel took me far outside and beyond my skills and comfort zone. In hindsight, I now realize that being curious and open to new ideas, and listening were as important as my technical skills – and even though I thought I already possessed those soft skills. But time and again my colleagues and I had to be reminded to ask questions and listen carefully to what we were told. Doing anything new stretches your capabilities and leaves you better, smarter, and more fulfilled that when you started. It also can be scary and that needs to be discussed and shared with those working with you. Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone when learning new stuff today.

 

Thomas Stearns Eliot (1888 – 1965): American poet, essayist, publisher, playwright, literary critic and editor who lived most of his life in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...