Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Know what it takes to get there...


I
 always thought I was born to be in HR – not sure if that’s a holdover from a previous life or growing up in the 50s and 60s. As far back as I can remember I was drawn to helping others – I was doing it before I knew what it was. I think most people know early on what kind of things they’re attracted to, and in interviews I wanted to learn about them. Asking questions like ‘who’s your favorite historical figure, and why’. Helps candidates realize what’s important and know what they like and want. It’s akin to any goal setting process – in this instance it’s personal rather than organizational. Start with the end in mind, knowing where you want to go. Then make plans, identify milestones, and set timelines to get there. The kinds of things that you'll feel fulfilled and proud of when you get there. So, make time to know what you like and want – short and long-term - create a plan and a timeline for yourself. I think you know that tune, so pick up the music and start playing today

 

Milton Teagle "Richard" Simmons (1948 – 2024) was an American fitness instructor and television personality. He was a promoter of weight-loss programs and aerobics videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take responsibility for being your best...

T oday’s quote pretty much sums up what each of us is responsible for. Simple. Straight forward. What we should aspire to and inspire those ...