Sunday, July 14, 2024

Care enough to make others care...


·      Employee engagement describes the level of enthusiasm and dedication a worker feels toward their job. 

·     Employee engagement can be critical to a company's success, given its links to job satisfaction and employee morale. 

·      Engaged employees are more likely to be productive and higher performing.

 

Companies want engaged employees – many leaders say it but aren’t willing to do what it takes to make it happen. Not that making it happen is all that hard – it takes a plan, focus, and a disciplined approach. I heard Jim Clifton (Gallup’s Chairman) speak more than twenty years ago about the status (then) of employee engagement – he claimed that more than 20% of all employees were actively disengaged or, worse, actively working against their company’s goals. I was shocked – that was not my experience at Mirage and Wynn Resorts, and I couldn’t fathom how it could be different at other companies. That caused me to go back and review the things we did to drive employee engagement – what I found wasn’t rocket science, just old-fashioned understanding of what motivates people. Basically: care about them and they’ll care about doing a good job for the company. Teach your managers how to do that, make it a key element of how their performance is measured, and recognize and reward them accordingly. Simple. Straight-forward. I’ll examine this in greater detail over the next four days. To get started: ask yourself – do I care about my employees and how will I show them that I do today.

 

Gallup: Measuring the Global Indicators of What Matters Most at Work and in Life: We use our understanding of the human experience to help clients solve their greatest challenges and seize their greatest opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take responsibility for being your best...

T oday’s quote pretty much sums up what each of us is responsible for. Simple. Straight forward. What we should aspire to and inspire those ...