Sunday, November 19, 2023

Where there's a will there's a way...


It’s time for another update on my recovering fingers.

 

·      The wounds are healed on the outside.

·      The wounds on the inside will take longer.

·      I just have to be patient and learn to adjust.

 

Some of you may know about my dog: her previous owner threw her out the window of their car: she was hit and mangled one of her front legs. The police saw that happen and got her to an animal rescue agency that managed the process to remove the leg; we rescued her from them a month after the surgery. That was 3 years ago: she’s learned to get around just fine on the three remaining legs and has walked me 5 miles a day ever since. Resilient, happy with what she has, and boundlessly optimistic. So, I’ve had a great role model to help with what I’ve been going through these last 2 months since cutting off part of the first two fingers of my left hand. The doctors and physical therapists have since gotten me to the point where I can now make a fist, begin to pick things up, and start getting some feeling back in them. But since the instant it happened, I’ve worried that after 60 years I may have to give up playing my guitars. Here’s where my little 3-legged role model fits into this story: she has shown me that there’s no reason to give up; if I can’t play the way I used to then I’ll just have to learn to play some other way. This week I start taking lessons to play with a slide instead of the tips of my fingers. The moral of this story (my little dog’s and mine): don’t let anything make you think of giving up today.

 

Spryte Loriano (born 1980 ish): Ecuadoran Producer, advertising CEO, speaker, humanitarian transformational leaders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...