Thursday, October 5, 2023

Turn misfortune into triumph...


·      Having a large bandage generates lots of conversation.

o   Most people are genuinely interested.

o   All are supportive and offer good wishes.

o   And many have similar stories to tell.

 

I bet I've run into more than 50 people this week who have told me that they too have had traumatic injuries to their hands and fingers. They proudly show me their scars as a way of letting me know that healing happens, and life goes on. My mother used to say misery loves company and I see how that's true. It's not so much the people want to be dramatic as much as they want to reassure and give me hope: their stories and best wishes have certainly done that. My wife asked me if I’ve gotten tired of telling my story, but with so many others telling theirs I guess the interest doesn't wear off. When bad things happen it's good to talk about them and to put them into perspective. And when good people offer support with their stories and genuine feelings, it helps put life into perspective. There's no shame in having an accident and the scars are not signs of weakness… they are signs of survival and endurance. My progress over the last seven days certainly attests to that. It’s okay to feel sorry for those who are hurting… but it’s so much better to show your love and support. Let people know you care today.

 

Rodney A. Winters is a gifted preacher and teacher. He is also a musician, songwriter, entrepreneur, and the proud father of two adult children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...