Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Never forget that the glass is half full...


These are the best of times and the worst of times.

 

·      Today is my birthday.

·      And I’m trying to use my other hand.

 

I'll celebrate my birthday today while still trying to maneuver with one hand. It's good to have another birthday… to enjoy what I can while enduring what I must. I'll celebrate being here another year and all the good things that go along with that. But I'll continue to endure buttoning my shirt, buttering my toast, brushing my teeth, putting on my clothes, and getting by while using my other hand. It's not that bad and for sure it could have been worse. But I don't want to go through life thinking that what I have is OK because something else could be worse. But hey: this is me, and I always see the glass as half full. The leaves are showing their full fall colors and it’s another glorious fall day. And that's enough to endure what I am going through and enjoy what I have today.

 

Johann Wolfgang (von) Goethe (1749 – 1832): German poet, playwright, novelist, scientist, statesman, theatre director, and critic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...