Thursday, October 26, 2023

Be inspired by your dreams...


We all have dreams about how we want to live our lives.

 

·       Some dreams are stronger than others.

·       Life should be about following them.

 

I was always a dreamer, looking for ways to do more and get more out of work and life. I always approached my HR work as being more inspirational than technical. My college degree in human resource administration prepared me for all the technical challenges that I would face in my career but those weren't the exciting things that I would face. I wanted to inspire others to aspire to greatness and so HR to me was a means of doing that. The recruiting and computing things I've written about here came from being inspired to think outside the box and make a difference. I suspect everybody has dreams and my advice is to grab on to the best ones and never let go. When you have a chance, try to make a difference… following your dreams allows you to do that. Even today, late in my career, I am still dreaming about creating newer and better supervisory training programs and recruiting processes. You don’t have to be smarter or better… you only need to continue to grab onto your dreams. Wherever you are in your career, continue to dream today.

 

Carol Burnett (born 1933): American comedian, actress, and singer. Her groundbreaking comedy-variety show on CBS, was one of the first to be hosted by a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...