Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Have the courage to do what's needed...


·       I am passionate about playing guitar. 

o   I've played nearly every day for the past 60 years. 

o   My recent hand injury may put an end to that.

o   I hope to have the courage to overcome that obstacle.

 

When the doctor started operating on my hand in the emergency room after my recent injury, I tried distracting myself by playing music on my iPhone. The first song that came up was one that my band did years ago, and I got weepy thinking I might never play the guitar again. As my fingers begin the long healing process, it appears that this is going to be a challenge. So, I've tried to maintain a courageous attitude by learning and doing everything I can to make playing once again a reality. YouTube is full of videos about alternate guitar techniques, innovative prosthetics that have been developed for guitar players, and testimonials about the power of positive thinking. If life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage, I plan to be courageous about this. In the future I'll know for certain what's possible or not, but I'm not going to leave this up to chance. Approach your challenges and opportunities courageously today

 

Angela Anaïs Juana Antolina Rosa Edelmira Nin y Culmell (1903 – 1977): French-born American diarist, essayist, novelist, and writer of short stories and erotica.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...