Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Make the most of what you're given...


·      Whatever you do is you.

o   The choices you make are you.

§  You are responsible for you.

 

Since my injury nearly two weeks ago I've had a lot of time to think about where I am in life and how I want to live this life. Because this injury is to my left dominant hand, I'm unable to do much of anything. Simple things like getting dressed, making the bed, washing dishes, and packing up this summer house getting ready to go back to Las Vegas. On top of that, I wear hearing aids because I have terrible hearing; the limited use of my hands plus my earring deficiency combined make me feel like I'm old. At my age that's not something I want to hasten. So, I must force myself to get up and do the things I can do and not focus on my limitations. Like reading, writing, hiking, and enjoying time with good friends. We're each responsible for making the most of what we have so we can be the most of who and what we are. Call it realistic or optimistic, either way it's viewing the glass is half full. To believe that I have no choice in this is to relieve myself of responsibility for my life and contentment. Make the most of the choices you're given today.

 

Patrick Ness (born 1971): American-British author, journalist, lecturer, and screenwriter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...