Thursday, September 28, 2023

Sometimes change is not an option...


We all get comfortable doing things every day – chores, work, and habits.

 

                But what if one day you could no longer do them the way you always had?

                You’d either have to adapt or fall behind.

 

Sorry that today’s message is late. That’s because instead of writing a message about teaching an old dog new tricks, today I'm living it. Yesterday I cut my left hand rather badly - I'm left-handed, so figuring out how to use my other hand is proving to be very difficult. On the one hand (no pun intended), eating with my right hand is not something that looks like it will ever get easier; but learning to use dictation on this computer is something this old dog can learn. And that just one example. Like they say:  where there’s a will, there’s a way. And since I write these motivational blogs and other work-related documents every day, adapting to this new technology is not an option. So, it's got me thinking about old dogs learning new tricks and frankly, it's probably something we all should get used to. Everything around us is changing – technology, cars, even the way we treat and manage each other, are the types of things that we must learn to adapt to. I don't know if I'll ever like dictating more than typing out the words in front of me, but it's a matter of will not want. My accidental injury we'll heal, but as for so many other things, I’ll have to either change or get left behind. That's a fact of life we must get used to it today.

 

George Herbert (1593 – 1633): English poet, orator, and priest of the Church of England.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...