Friday, December 30, 2022

Decide what you want to be when you grow up...


Here we are, the last message for 2022. Monday starts my 15th year writing the Arte of Motivation.

 

·      We do things

·      Because we can.

·      But some things we

·      Do because we simply

·      Love doing them… period.

 

I tell the story often that these began as discussion starters for the pre-opening team’s daily briefings at the Resort at Pelican Hill. After opening, department managers there asked me to continue so they could use them in their pre-shift meetings. And two years later when I left, their President asked me to continue sending them in. They were based on their company’s 10 values – and each week I would focus on one of them. And now – 14 years, 728 weeks, and 3640 messages later, I’m still doing them. Interestingly, this last week of 2022’s value is Integrity, the one I think we need now more than ever. Because if you have integrity, nothing else matters; and if you don’t have integrity, nothing else matters. As we close out another year, I am hopeful that everyone will make a resolution to act with integrity in the new year. Because nothing else matters… todaand every day.

 

Alan Kooi Simpson (born 1931): American politician and member of the Republican Party, who represented Wyoming in the United States Senate (1979–97).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...