Friday, December 16, 2022

Big things happen to those who are prepared...


Can you imagine being the first American astronaut to orbit the earth. That’s something way bigger than most people ever get involved in. But it could happen to you.

 

·      There’s no telling

·      What opportunities

·      Life has in store for you.

·      So, prepare yourself in case you

·      Are presented with a spectacular chance.

 

In high school I was given a chance to be an international officer for Key Club, setting policies and goals for thousands of young service-minded people around the world. In a college band we sang songs to end all greed and inequality. Those each involved me in something bigger than my young self. In my career I was part of the opening of integrated resorts that transformed communities and an entire industry: the kind of thing you have to pinch yourself to make sure it’s real. And in my consulting practice, I’ve worked with Native American tribes to help them develop strategic plans to produce and promote their economic sustainability. I was proud, honored, and humbled to participate in all of these. Life is what we make it – big and small experiences and engagements that can be rewarding and impactful. Prepare yourself on the off chance you might be presented with the opportunity to become involved in something bigger than yourself today.

 

John Glenn Jr. (1921 – 2016): American Marine Corps aviator, engineer, astronaut, businessman, and politician. He was the first American to orbit the Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...