Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Tell the truth...


When did it become okay to lie? 

 

·      Little white lies are still lies.

·      No less than big bold lies.

·      Lying should never 

·      Be acceptable.

·      Ever.

 

A guy running recently for Congress from Long Island won, and then when questions started to be asked, admitted he lied about his education, work history, and family background. Not inadvertent mistakes. Just lies, meant to deceive, and make himself look good. He’s unrepentant. Said it’s no big deal. I don’t care which political party he’s with, he lied and that should be universally unacceptable. Over the years, I’ve rejected job candidates who lied on their applications, and I’ve also terminated employees whose lies on their applications were later discovered after we hired them. Tough medicine, but the right thing to do. Yet we accept lies from elected officials: what’s that say to our kids. There should be consequences for dishonesty: your words should stick to you like a badge of honor or a stain of dishonor. And saying you’re sorry shouldn’t make the lie go away or allow the liar to get away with it.  We should live our lives so that we wouldn’t be ashamed if our parrot got sold to the town gossip. Have the integrity to be honest today.

 

Will Rogers (1879 – 1935): American vaudeville performer, actor, and humorous social commentator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...