Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Age gracefully...


In our younger years, we all had hopes and dreams. What’s cool, is living  long enough to see those come to fruition.

 

·      Youthful dreams

·      Live alongside our youthful

·      Mistakes and growing pains.

·      Along the way we find the wisdom

·      To become the best example of ourselves.

 

I wonder how the 20-somethings of today will age. Having said that, I realize that every older generation thinks their kids are mixed up and confused. My wife and I talk about young drivers on the freeway who drive like they;re playing video games – you know, weaving in and out of traffic like their cars are controlled by joysticks. But in retrospect, I remember my parents saying that we drove too fast too. Funny thing, I did drive too fast back then and am far more conscious and respectful of other drivers as I now putter along at the speed limit. What goes round comes around. And when I teach a class on Managing a Multi-Generational Workforce, I tell the students that there are many similarities in the five generations working side-by-side today. So don’t be too quick to judge others – at some point on life’s highway, we’re all in the same lane. Be the person you always should have been today.

 

David Bowie – born David Robert Jones (1947 – 2016): English singer-songwriter and actor, regarded as one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...