Friday, October 23, 2020

What goes around, comes around...


Loyalty, like integrity, is often what you say or do when nobody, or a certain somebody, is around to see it. Like: doing what you promised, honoring someone’s wishes, celebrating someone’s accomplishments, following up on someone’s question or request, or just thinking good thoughts about someone. I could write here about all the wonderful examples in business of leaders doing and saying nice things about someone who’s not there, and how that looks and feels to those that are. But after traveling and flying yesterday for the first time in nearly 8 months, I’d like to mention how people were acting in the airport or on the plane: in that environment, loyalty, like caring, is about doing what you’re supposed to do even when nobody notices. Everyone wore masks, and nearly everyone had one covering both their noses and mouths – there were signs and announcements everywhere to do that, but it wasn’t like anyone was checking or enforcing that. People just seemed to do those things because it was the right thing to do, in general, and for the people around them and those they’d come in contact with later. There were more people than I expected, but that simple act made traveling okay. We’ve all got to be safety conscious and trustworthy for those who are present or not if we’re ever going to get back to a more normal existence today

Stephen Covey (1932 – 2012): American educator, author, businessman, and keynote speaker

 

1 comment:

  1. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...