Thursday, October 1, 2020

Don't take unnecessary chances...


Everything we say and do has an impact on someone or something: like a pebble thrown into water, there are always ripples. Our words can help or hurt, and everything in between; likewise, our actions. Leaders are never ‘off the record’ – whatever is told to them needs to be taken seriously, and everything they say carries the weight of the company. And ‘off the cuff’ remarks can and often do come back, good or bad. Or jokes with employees: the risk of those words or actions being misconstrued is more probable today than ever; fun to some can be worrisome to others. Because we live in a world where instant communications and social media can spread images and recordings instantaneously, the need to think before acting or speaking is critical. This is certainly true in normal times, but with employees on furlough or layoff or working from home, good clear communications and messaging needs to be professionally designed and effectively delivered if you want them to have the intended effect.  Consider all the questions that might result from your actions or words, think through any answers before giving them, allot time to resolve misunderstandings, and survey (formally or informally) those wo are or may be directly or indirectly affected to ensure that what you meant is what was understood.  Happy and satisfied employees and customers don’t get that way by chance… and everything makes a difference in that – one way or another. Decide what kind of difference you want to make today.

 Dame Jane Goodall (born 1934): English primatologist and anthropologist, and considered to be the world's foremost expert on chimpanzees

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Article. Here is another similar article by Motivational Speaker Shubhra Mohanty you can relate with. Read Why people are never satisfied with what they have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...