Wednesday, October 14, 2020

There's battle lines being drawn...


People often say what they mean and mean what they say… but are they really who they say they are? During the past week, the airways and social media sites, and my email box have been filled with political ads – some say who the candidates are, but most attempt to tell who their opponents are not. Some of that political rhetoric may be accurate, but it’s hard to tell. Back when I was a kid there was something called “truth in advertising”: imagine that. That simple regulation somehow morphed into “buyer beware”: an ominous trend.  And today we’re unsure if any news is true or fake: a truly sad state of affairs. We should all mourn the death of integrity and honesty in our politics.  Until and unless we hold the politicians accountable to practice what they preach and be what they preach, then we won’t know fact from fiction. If businesses and their leaders acted like that they’d go belly-up and bankrupt – those same financial and moral consequences should be applied to political leaders. If they want to draw lines between themselves and their opponents, let them each simply tell what they’ve done in the past and will do in the future. Period. Then let us judge and decide. Let’s get back to integrity and honesty today.

 David Bednar (born 1952): David Allan Bednar is a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

1 comment:

  1. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...