Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Getting back to normal is difficult...


After nearly 208 days of self-isolation and eating at home, my wife and I decided to eat in a restaurant last night. We had just traveled 50 miles to get flu shots and wanted to eat before the ride back to our cabin in the woods. I didn’t think too much about it since the news was filled with restaurant openings that required safe practices. We went to a large restaurant, figuring its size would allow appropriate distancing. As we were seated I noticed several tables with 10 diners each, and shortly after that the hostess seated 8 businessmen at the table next to ours. All wore masks while walking; none wore masks at their tables. Everyone was smiling and talking and drinking and eating and acting like they should under the stated guidelines.  But it still unnerved me. I’d been out before, but mostly to grocery stores and other places where everyone was wearing masks. I clearly underestimated how hard it might be to go back into an environment filled with people without masks and how long it might take to get back to acting and feeling normal. Going back out into the world and getting back to normal is definitely going to require some serious mental preparation and practice. Don’t underestimate how hard it will be getting back to being yourself today.

 

Miles Davis (1926 – 1991): American jazz trumpeter, bandleader, and composer

2 comments:

  1. We are slowly learning if this year's changes are permanent. But it is time to move on and get back to normal life.
    But let us start with some positives, which may help encourage the viewpoint.

    Here is a article that can really motivate in this situation. Read HOW CORONA VIRUS CRISIS SHAPED OUR PRIORITIES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...