Friday, October 2, 2020

Be thankful for what you have...


We got up yesterday planning to drive to Vermont to see my wife’s sister, hoping to see some extraordinary fall foliage along the way. That's what I planned to write about today. But a little more than an hour into our journey we found ourselves broken down on the side of the road after hitting a deer. We walked away uninjured, the deer didn’t. Nature brings us all kinds of wonders, both good and not so good: while the changing seasons are amazing, animals are killed crossing the nation’s highways, forests and homes are destroyed by wildfires, storms upend communities, and countless other natural disasters wreak havoc in other ways. Nature gives and nature takes. Like many with a personal story, I posted our mishap on Facebook and received lots of comments: many thankful that we weren’t injured, and more than a few expressed sadness for the deer. It certainly could have been worse; thankfully for us it wasn’t. We’ve been in the Adirondack Mountains all summer and have enjoyed the beauty found here so, on balance, we’re way ahead. And as the day progressed we realized how lucky and fortunate we were… and are. Don’t let the bad things that happen in life ruin the good ones that do. The shock is wearing off now and we’re reminded to stop and smell the flowers when bad things happen. Let nature bring you solace today. 

Anne Frank (1929-1945): German-Dutch Diarist and one of the most discussed victims of the Holocaust

1 comment:

  1. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...