Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Stay the course...


I want to get out of the house as much as the next person, but not if it means messing up all we’ve accomplished in the past 10 weeks of staying safe. I appreciate that many Governors are loosening up some restrictions this week but am disheartened when I hear about crowded restaurants, full airplanes, shoppers without masks and people going out without any care or concern about their own or other’s safety. This sucks… but that’s no reason to give up now. As a country, and community, we’ve done a good job of flattening the rising curve of infections and deaths, but the science tells us that could be a fragile victory without continued personal restraint and vigilance. Leaders need to talk and listen to their people, understand their fears, needs and goals, and help them find the best ways to navigate through these difficult times. They need to set a good example by continually practicing safety and encourage their employees to do the same. And remind them that giving up now is the only sure way for all of us to fail in this battle against Covid-19. Everyone is responsible for our collective safety today.

Gena Showalter (born 1975): American author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...