Friday, May 22, 2020

Shared values make good sense...



For nearly 12 years I’ve been writing these daily messages…most of that time they’ve been about managing and motivating people. But in the last 70 days they’ve focused on using common sense during this pandemic. Like most people, I’m anxious to get back to my old routines: for me that means writing about values such as teamwork, excellence, integrity, innovation, loyalty, responsibility, engagement, pride, passion and professionalism.  Now that I look at it, everything we do in and around and about our work and lives revolves around these values, in good times and bad. Today, as many of us are engaged in planning and preparing to reopen our businesses and communities, now, more than ever, living this list of values is what will help us navigate through these difficult times.  We’re all both excited and worried to get back to some kind of normal: during these last 70 days many have developed new habits around how and where and when to work, and changing back will require good managing, mentoring and coaching from you to help your employees make this next transition effectively. Remind others about the wisdom of sharing good values today.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772 – 1834): English poet, literary critic, philosopher, and theologian 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...