Thursday, May 7, 2020

Stay smart and safe...


Most of us learned about Darwin’s ‘survival of the fittest’ and ‘natural selection’ theories in school as kids. If those theories are applied to this pandemic, then it’s likely that those who adapt appropriately will be the survivors. But it’s not just about social distancing and wearing masks, it’s also how companies re-organize their policies and practices, how leaders re-orient their thinking and styles, how employees re-prioritize their lives, and how each of us collaborate and improvise in ways that will keep us and others safe. There are lots of people saying that the government’s efforts to regulate our actions – closing non-essential businesses, restricting assembly, wearing masks, social distancing – are not right. Like them, I’m not sure what’s right, so I listen to the science and the experts who know about it and say this isn’t over yet. I want to survive – I don’t want to get this virus and possibly die, or maybe give it to others. Call me crazy, but if these measures are what it takes then I’m still in. Keep adapting and continuing to do what it takes for you and others to survive today.

Charles Darwin (1809 – 1882): English naturalist, geologist and biologist, best known for his contributions to the science of evolution

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...