Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Caring matters...


Today’s author doesn’t need any introduction: he is the pre-eminent immunologist in the US. He knows what he’s talking about, and his words carry the weight of experience. I’ve written here often that the science should be what guides our thinking about reopening. But after the science, our behaviors can mitigate the impact of this virus and the way we all transition back to some form of normal. I’ve studied the plans that many companies have submitted; some are very detailed, others not so much. I’ve listened to their reopening experiences: some found they’d only planned about 80% of what was needed and then had to adjust for the remaining 20%. More and more I’m hearing that they’re preaching the Golden Rule to their employees: to do unto others what you would want them to do to and for you. Meaning: wear a mask, wash your hands, and keep your distance. And asking them to care selflessly about one another. That’s a good policy in good times and bad. And, especially today.

Anthony Fauci (1940): American physician and immunologist who has served as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) since 1984.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...