Monday, May 4, 2020

Play safe with and for others...


I had to go back and look at my calendar to see how long it’s been since we’ve been self-quarantined here in our Las Vegas home: it’s easy to lose track of time.  Back on March 12th(that’s when we started) I thought there was no way we could stay isolated for 8 weeks: I didn’t think we had the patience, strength, or discipline to do that. But now that we’re faced with the prospect of more weeks of this, we now know we have the strength to overcome things we once thought we couldn’t.  I understand the natural urge to want to get out and back to some kind of normal, but I also see the number of new cases here and realize that it’s not yet safe to stop this social distancing. As things start to loosen up, I believe that if everyone would respect everyone else and wear a mask when going out, the world will more quickly and safely get back to some forms of normal. If you’re going back out into the world, be a team player and have the strength to overcome your objections to wearing a mask today.

Rikki Rogers: Writer and Marketer in Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...