Monday, May 11, 2020

Persistence matters...


“Continuous effort–not strength or intelligence–is the key to unlocking our potential.” Winston Churchill

On March 12 I pivoted and started focusing these daily messages on Covid-19: 45, so far, and counting. I’ve tried to add a human side to these and today will be no exception. Yesterday was Mother’s Day, a holiday celebrated by children everywhere in honor of the women who raised them, and local florists reported that this year’s holiday sales were nearly the best ever: these past 10 weeks have shown us what’s really important.  Yesterday I also participated in my granddaughter's drive-by birthday party, a very creative effort on the part of her mother to not let these current circumstances ruin the day: it’s nice to see the term “drive-by” have a positive impact and  connotation. And today, some businesses are slowly and carefully starting to re-open: leaders need to remind their employees that smart and steady can indeed win the race. We’ve had to be strong and smart during these past two months and now we have to be persistent, because playing it safe is the key to continuing to slow the spread of this virus and getting back to relatively more normal times. Thankfully, things are loosening up: continue to be safe, for yourself and others, today

Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill (1874 – 1965): British politician, army officer, war-time strategist, and writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...