Monday, August 12, 2019

Stay sharp...


There’s much being written about the importance of employee engagement: back in the day we used to say that was ‘being in the moment’. Either way you label it, it’s about focusing on what you’re doing and being ‘all-in’ all of the time. That's what companies want and find hard to achieve: being ‘on’ all the time can be exhausting, and I’m not sure how long people can keep going at that level before needing to take a break. The only way to know if you can or if you have the stamina is to get to work and see if you do: not everyone’s the same and good managers remain alert for employee performance and needs. Departments tend to get fixated on set schedules when maybe variable ones would better help employees maintain these high levels of engagement: talk to your employees to find what they each need to keep their focus sharp today.

Cheryl Strayed (b. 1968): American memoirist, novelist, essayist and podcast host

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...