Thursday, December 7, 2017

Work hard: sleep tight....


Most of us work to support ourselves and our families, pay the bills, and put away for later: work hard and you might end up with more authority and responsibility.  That’s what I did at Wynn, and over time the rewards of money and authority came: I loved what I did and put everything I had into my job.  Weekends, nights, vacations: I worked all of them and more. Was I happy: sure; did I have high blood pressure and sleepless nights: you bet. But I know now that you can be passionate about your work and your life at the same time.  You can set parameters, turn off the cell phone, leave the laptop alone and still be successful.  Know how you want to live your life and let your boss and colleagues know how and when you work and live.  I know it’s easier said than done, but it’s worth a try. Then clear your conscience and get a good night’s sleep.  
  

Marian Wright Edelman (b. 1939): American activist for the rights of children t and founder of the Children's Defense Fund

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...