Friday, December 15, 2017

Help others become what they want to be....


“Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” Scott Adams

I loved talking to Wynn employees about their hopes and dreams: they asked for advice and I gave them encouragement. I could tell about lots of these conversations but there’s not enough space here and I wouldn’t want to leave anyone out.  I helped them think through their opportunities: while the end of any of their journeys could not be known when we talked, they each were inspired to take a first step. As I look around the industry today I am proud of what so many of them have become: company presidents, general managers, senior vice presidents, directors, and so many other long term and satisfied professionals. You should become a coach and mentor, and inspire others to set goals and start the process of achieving them. During this holiday season, give someone the benefit of your advice: there’s no telling how far they might go or where their journey might end.


Scott Adams (b. 1957): Creator Of Dilbert Comic Strip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...