Friday, August 4, 2023

Take charge of your todays and tomorrows...


How you begin your day sets the stage for the rest of your day. Start it purposefully. 

 

Whether starting a day, a meeting, or a project, it’s best to have a plan.

To do otherwise is to waste your time and other’s good will.

 

Every religion starts each day with prayers – focusing on values and thoughts to live by. We had a 90-something year old neighbor who drove to church every morning, as she had all her life. I was speaking with a friend recently who showed me his basement workout room where he combines exercise and thoughtful meditation at the start of every day. I can remember as a young child listening to a prayer and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance before every school day. And for the past 15 years I have begun every day writing these messages to focus myself (and hopefully others) on the values we should consider living and working by. These are examples of infusing one’s life with action, not happenstance. We’re each responsible for making things happen to help shape our future. As I write these messages, I reflect on my strengths and weaknesses, hoping to be a little better today than I was yesterday. Don’t wait for things to happen – make them happen today.  

 

Bradley Whitford (born 1959): American actor and producer best known for his role in the NBC television political drama The West Wing (1999-2006).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...