Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Don't let it go to your head...


It’s okay to strive for success – that’s natural. But striving for fame is not.

 

Success is based on skill, experience, hard work, and luck.

Just don’t let the fame it may generate go to your head.

 

I had a successful career – interesting work, lofty objectives, and admirable results. But as I reflect back on my HR career in the gaming industry, there were times I let the success of those results go to my head. People thought my work was cool and wanted to know more about it. There were times it seemed I cared more about what people thought – and it finally dawned on me that wasn’t the point. Good work, like good deeds, should be its own reward. And if good work attracts attention, it’s because a team of people made it happen. I learned that success doesn’t have to change you; but fame certainly can. The best part of the notoriety I gained from my work was meeting so many others who’d done amazing things – and what I learned was that as much as skill, experience, hard work and luck had to do with that, it was the passion they brought to their work that led to their success. If you want to be successful you must love what you do. And that makes you passionate about it. Find the kind of work that you’re passionate about today.

 

Whitney Houston (1963 –2012) was an American singer and actress. Nicknamed "the Voice", she is one of the best-selling music artists of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...